Saturday, January 18, 2014

Do I Look Like Michael Phelps?





This is purely a Steffany rant. You've been warned.

Husband and I have found a new love. Our on-campus swimming pool. It's always almost empty, it's great exercise, and I'm facing a fear that I didn't even realize I had.

Back story...ever since I was little I had to have little microscopic tubes put in my ears and it made me not be able to swim underwater without wearing ear plugs and a cap. I would have looked like an awesome swimmer, except I was too young to decide what cap I wore (or care) so my mom thought a rainbow one would be appropriate. (I just laugh when I see those photos. Really mom? Rainbow?)

Anyway even with this problem I was still a fish. I remember even jumping off the highest diving board at the public pool during summer day care and everyone thinking I was awesome. Rainbow cap and all. But somewhere along the way I must have had a dream I drowned or something ridiculous because I became super scared of the deep end, going underwater, and jumping off the diving board.

BUT thanks to my awesome husband, I'm loving swimming again! Tonight was our second time this week going to the pool and it pumped me up to get good at swimming. I went under, jumped off the diving board (after a little encouragement from Jon and the lifeguard) and swam laps the real swimmer way! No more doggy paddle for me, I'm pretty much Michael Phelps.

I'm just waiting for Subway to ask me to be in their commercials.

Yay for swimming and awesome husbands!

-Steff

1 comment:

  1. Yes, yes, a rainbow cap!! I thought you needed to be colorful, just like your personality. And I still think you rocked it. :) love you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love!