Monday, June 24, 2013

Jon Day Weekend.

Saturday was a day I declared as "Jon Day."

I really wanted to give him a whole day where he felt important and we did whatever he wanted without my complaints. Plus, he'll be up here without me on his birthday this year.

It started with me waking up at 6:30am on a SATURDAY (that's true love) to make and bring him breakfast before work. (Side note, I can't wait until we don't live in separate places. It makes making breakfast for someone pretty ridiculous.) Then that afternoon after he got off work we drove down with his coworker to SLC!

No plans. Just us and our duffle bag of overnight stuff. We felt like nomads and kinda liked it.

We decided to go to the Utah Art Festival which was really fun. I swear, I could have fun staring at a wall with that boy! And actually at one point, we were staring at a wall...except there were people dancing on it! It was pretty rad.

We were determined to buy our first piece of art for our first little apartment, but soon realized everything was way overpriced and we could just buy some canvas and make our own.

We got to spend time with our great friends Amber and Jordan (and their cute little nugget Harrison) who not only let us stay with them after our plans got smashed, but also gave us their old car.  For $1. No, I'm not kidding. We owe them. Plus they're the world's cutest family! :)

Sunday we spent time with David and his wife Sarah and our good friend Andrew. It was like old times but in new times, if that makes sense. It was really fun. I think the best part of it all was Jon and I realized how excited we are to be married and to have a life together. I had heard all the time that love only grows stronger, but this weekend it all made sense. I feel so lucky!!!!!!!!! I can't wait until this semester is over and it's our big day!!

So that was that. We got to Utah as homeless, carless nomads, and left driving our old school '94 Corolla back to Rexburg.

 I'd say this was the weekend to top all weekends.

1 comment:

  1. That's SO fun! Haha, I'm glad you had a Happy Jon Day! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love!