Sunday, June 16, 2013

Blog Slacker.

I have totally been slacking on updating and with good reason. Busy time in my life, I'd say. Not an excuse though! I need to keep it up.  This is my journal considering writing a journal takes too long and for some reason being live on the web for all the world is more thrilling.

Anyway, this is life right now! All about my amazing fiance, wedding planning, job hunting, and prayers for my dad.

My dad got really sick last week and we found out he had an infection in his colon. Since then he's had surgery, struggled a bit with the aftermath, but is now home just in time for Father's Day. Thank goodness. I would hate for him to spend more time in the hospital. It hurts not to be there to help my family but I know the Lord is watching over them.

But with rain, comes rainbows.

Jon and I have been steadily planning our wedding and trying to balance out a plan for the future, school, and me hunting for a full-time job for Fall. But through all the craziness and stress we experience, we always find time to recognize how blessed we are and how much we love each other. We are convinced that we are soul mates. Though we never believed that was true, we feel like God had to made us predetermined to find each other because there is no way our dumb selves could have done it on our own. He's really my better half and my best friend and I'm so lucky to marry him.

We took engagement pics today which was so fun! My adorable roommate and good friend Ali took them for us with my fancy camera so that I could basically control it and then edit them. It was good times. We're such nerds!! It was hard to get a normal picture out of us but we managed.

So life is good. It's definitely a roller coaster...but roller coasters are FUN!!!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the love!