Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Granny Smith Apples.

So I'm not a huge apple fan, but if I'm in the mood for a Granny Smith apple, I will down that thing.

Which is what I just did.

It was so delicious.

I went to the little store on campus to buy Jon a Twix because, well, I'm the greatest fiance ever, and I was about to get one for myself when a shiny green apple was calling to me. Seriously I could hear it, "Eat me instead of chocolate! Pilates kicked your butt this morning, don't let it go to waste! Don't you want to fit in your wedding dress?!?!?!!?!?!"

Gah, you win apple.

But it was a good choice and I'm satisfied. Even FULL! Surprising, I know.

What this rant is really about is health and dieting. I won't say much except for that I am just NOT one of those people who will ever completely cut out sugar, I love ice cream and pizza too much, and soda is sometimes the only thing that can quench my thirst.

However, ain't nothing wrong with eating lots of fruits and vegetables and moderating sugar. Exercise is good too but good heavens let's not compare ourselves to other people! (Yes, ladies, that means YOU!) I've come to grips that I have a "pear shape" body that carries most of my weight in my hips, and I'm okay with that. I want to be healthy but never so concerned with it that I'm embarrassed of myself or lacking confidence.

WOMEN, WE ARE ALL MADE DIFFERENTLY.

That's not an excuse to be unhealthy and obese, but it is a reason to celebrate whatever SHAPE God has given you.

Even if you're the shape of a Granny Smith apple.

1 comment:

Thanks for the love!