Thursday, August 8, 2013

Not Til Death Do You Part.

Lately wedding bliss and stress has been abound, but I have felt inspired to share something with anyone who will read it!

Being LDS or Mormon, there are a lot of things people know or claim to know about our faith. However something a lot of people don't realize is how our marriages take place. Eternal marriage is one of the principles of my faith that gives me the sure knowledge this church is true.

In most marriage ceremonies, the words "til death do you part" are spoken. This is a tradition in many marriages and faiths, but it seems to be looked over by most. What does it mean exactly?

Now friends and strangers alike, don't be offended by what I am about to say. This is based on the knowledge and belief I have in my faith. "Til death" means just what it sounds like. Until death. Doesn't that seem awfully tragic? Why would we have marriages and families if they only lasted in this life?

The happy news I want to share is that because of Jesus Christ and the plan of happiness God has for us, we can be with our loved ones forever! God has once again required His people to build temples, just as in Bible times, to provide the means necessary to link heaven and earth, this life to the next, and that includes marriages.

I don't know exactly why I felt like I needed to share this today, but what I do know is that families are meant to last forever. I'm so grateful that Jon and I get to be married August 30th in the beautiful San Diego Temple (pictured above) where "til death do you part" will not be spoken but instead they will say...

"for time and for all eternity."

Click here if you would like to understand more about what I've shared.
And don't be shy, I love questions!

Happy August! For some reason I love this month! ;)

2 comments:

  1. <3 I'm so excited for you to say those magical words that will last an eternity! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. And this is the most important part of yours & Jons special day...I'm so thankful that you know these things. And so grateful we will get to share this special moment with you guys....love you Mom xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love!