Sunday, July 7, 2013

5k, Lake, Demo Derby, Sunday Sickness.

Such an eventful Saturday we had! 
So eventful that I woke up this morning sick 
and feeling like I got hit by a bus.


We ran the Color in Motion 5K here in Rexburg which was totally fun.
However, I have ZERO running experience
and Jon and I hadn't exercised in at least a month.
(School and work got the best of us.)
Still I was able to run some, walk some, 
instead of walking it all like I predicted.
And it was way fun being covered in rainbow powder.


And that rainbow powder actually DYED my hair pink. 
Sort of a pink ombre look.
I washed my hair and saw it was pink and I am loving it.
Super fun summer hair, totally by accident!
Hopefully I can keep it around for as long as possible. 


Since we were committed to making this Saturday AWESOME, 
we headed over to the lake for some swim and sun.
I realized I'm terrified of legit swimming and can only do a doggy paddle...
...yeah, unashamed.
So my wonderful fiance taught me how to swim with his high school swimmer expert experience.
I did pretty well. :) 
Next task is to overcome my fear of going under water!


Then after a mini power nap (the sun sucked our energy),
we bought a couple of black cherry cream sodas (SO GOOD) 
and headed to the DEMOLITION DERBY!
I love the demo derby.
I go to school in farmer land.


There was some sweet action happenin! 
This was my fave car, #80. 
It was reppin the most delicious BBQ joint in all of Rexburg,
It's in a gas station so you THINK it's sketchy but in fact 
it's a party in your mouth.
I dream about their brisket daily.


And again, since I have the best fiance ever,
he knew I've been craving cotton candy since the 4th
so he hooked me up with some at the derby! 
:)

All in all, successful weekend. Today I'm feeling the repercussions, though. Woke up with a stuffy nose, sore throat, sinus headache, stomach ache, and overall achy body. It was totally worth it!! Plus it's survivable when you have a great guy willing to make you soup and hang out with you even though you're death warmed up.

Hope your holiday-ish weekend was FANTASTIC too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the love!