Tuesday, October 8, 2013

A Dolla Make Me Holla!



Life has been good for our little family. Boo is the craziest cat ever but we love her (in a not creepy cat obsession way) and school is kicking our butts! We are still trying to find the balance between school, church, work, marriage, money, the whole shebang. I wish there was a secret recipe to it all, but I feel like everyone has their own way of dealing with it.

On the plus side, Jon got a new job at a hot chocolate place opening here soon. I'm excited for him since he super hated working at a call center. Who wouldn't?! He was really stressed last week so I surprised him with TONS OF CASH! Ha. (Not really, it's all fake dollar store money but it was still pretty cool.) Plus some movie goodies and Iron Man 3 from RedBox for a night of relaxation. It was nice and it made him happy.


Well, money is getting tight (we bought 6 boxes of mac n cheese this week at 69 cents each...budgeters!), spiders are making their way into our house to avoid winter which is really unpleasant for me (plus Boo just plays with them she doesn't even kill them...rude), and our ceiling leaked in our living room since we're in a basement and the upstairs neighbors decided to wash their tub last night!! What the?? But we are so blessed. Things are never perfect but that's what makes life so good. It's stuff we'll laugh about eventually.

Holy crap, Boo just did like 5 extremely fast laps from around this couch I'm sitting on to the kitchen and back. I think she drinks Red Bull when we aren't home.

Don't worry, be happy y'all.

2 comments:

  1. I know what ya' mean. Over here we have stinkbugs move in during the winter... 8[

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog. The lean years of new marriage taught me to really budget for a lifetime, so grateful for those tough years!! I am an expert on eating on a budget, so if you want help with that, just let me know!! Would be happy to share recipes/tips!!
    Janet

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the love!